Monday, November 1, 2021

Home Learning with Isla


28 September

Here are some photos of some of the work I have been doing.

I love learning about penguins. Thank you for teaching us what penguins do. We watched some videos of them sliding in the ice and swimming underwater. They are so fast.

I really like doing maths. I use my teeny tys to help me count bigger numbers.

I have been doing a lot of dancing and practicing gymnastics with Coco. Do you like my t-shirt? It is a unicorn flip t-shirt. Coco’s friend Marcella gave it to me.

I hope you like my bees.

From Isla 















You have done great learning Isla. You have been busy doing lots of different things.  Wow, you girls are really good at gymnastics.  You are so lucky to have such a fabulous big sister.  I do like your penguin and bees.
Keep up the great learning.



Morena Room 1

Here is my writing about bees.
I learned that you have to plant flowers for the bees.

I hope you like it.

From Isla


This is so cool, Isla.  Your bees and flowers are gorgeous.
Great information on how to help the bees.







Hi everyone

Isla here

Here is a sun picture that I made with my sister Coco.
And I also wrote a story about the sun.
Like we do in Room 1.

I hope you like it!

I like the colours you have used in your sun.
Fabulous capital letter at the beginning of your sentence Isla.
Good work.






What has Isla been up to over the weekend? 

We’ve seen lots of birds - 
pukeko, tui, piwakawaka, kereru, blackbirds and robins and 
we heard a ruru but we didn’t see it.

We have been learning our numbers on our walks by looking at letterboxes.


It’s Isla here.
I read The Very Hungry Caterpillar to my mum.
Then I did some writing about it.

Nice finger spaces Isla and I like that you have underlined the
words you have sounded out.  Great writing.  
Do you think your rainbow butterfly will have rainbow caterpillars?





4 comments:

  1. Morena Isla, thank you for sharing your story with us. I haven't seen any butterflies in my garden this week. Yesterday, I saw a long worm on the concrete outside, so I gently moved it back into my garden. Kia pai tō rā. (Have a good day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isla
    I really like the way you have illustrated your story with such a colourful picture. I can also see that you are thinking about all the things a good writer does when they write, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora, Room 1! Coco here
    WOW! Isla, your writing is so good!
    I love how you wrote about the butterfly!
    Well done!
    blog ya later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Isla, thank you for sharing your learning. It is great that you can enjoy your learning with Coco, great team work! I really like how the dark lines contrast with the brighter colours on you sun picture! Keep up the great work Isla! Mā te wā.

    ReplyDelete