Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Home Learning with Maisie

16 November




12 November
Look what Maisie has drawn.


3 November
Maisie's Marble/Paper Rollercoaster

This is a great creation!
How did the marble go?



1st November
Maisie's Halloween






These look way too scary to eat Maisie.



29 October
Maisie's Peacock

This is tricky, its hard to see that its you, Maisie.
I like the green beak.



26 October
Maisie's Favourite New Zealand Bird

Isn't that interesting that the Whio whistles!

22 October

Maisie's Pekapeka Shadow


I like your Pekapeka Maisie, great cutting skills.

30 September

Maisie's Duck Pictures and Writing


We were all ready for a scooter ride we got our scooter we went down to the duck pond. We fed the ducks.


The food we gave to the ducks and the duckling were popcorn seeds.


Lilou and me wish we could pet the furry ducklings.

Great writing about your day Maisie.  The ducklings are so cute, 
you are lucky you got to see them.







Lots of good information about bees Maisie, I like the pictures you 
have selected for your slide show.

29 September

Maisie's Worm House and Weta

Maisie made a worm house and she also wanted to 
share the dead weta she found.





Your worm house looks like it has quite a bit of food in there.  
It looks nice and cosy.  I wonder how the weta died?


28 September


Maisie your worker bee is very detailed.
What a good job you have done.



24 September

Maisie has another bee friend she wants you to meet.


You are able to follow instructions really well Maisie.



23 September

Maisie's beeee-utiful bees


I notice that one has a sting and the other one doesn't.
Do you know the names of the different bees?


The lily is one of my favourite flowers too.  
I'm glad you are happy at Granny house.  Great full stops Maisie.





Maisie's Bee Poster


I like that you have made your picture into a poster about the bees Maisie.  
Good job






Your Ruru's look so cute sitting on the log.  
That is an interesting wondering Maisie, they probably do eat little frogs.  
Nice full stops at the end of your sentences. Kai Pai.





Maisie's Presentation







So many different types of Lizards Maisie.
I like the white lizard, he's really hard to see.
Well done.



Maisie's Habitat for a lizard. 


This looks like an excellent home for a lizard Maisie.


Soundscape and Collage

Maisie wanted to share some art she learnt from Tate Museum.

What were you listening to while drawing?

What great cutting skills you've got Maisie.
I like the layering of shapes and the symmetrical
pattern.





Those flowers look fabulous Maisie.
Did you make them?
Maisie says,
"Can you see something special inside one of the flowers?
It is a bit tricky to see 
👀"




Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Retold by Maisie





Wow, Maisie, 
what a long story, you have put the story in order really well.  
I like the way you have included your drawings in your writing.



9 comments:

  1. Kia ora Maisie, thank you for sharing your story with us. I like your picture of Goldilocks - good job on her golden hair! Kia pai tō rā. (Have a good day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Maisie, I know you do love writing and I love reading your stories. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Maisie, yes I agree the lizards at your place have a great space to climb, rest, hide and explore. I think they will enjoy the shelter on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Ruma Tahi and ka pai Maisie. You're right about how lizards can be small. There are lots of tiny skinks that sit in the sun on my path. What was the special thing in your flowers? A lizard maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maisie, your little ruru are very cute! I really like the way you have used different materials in you art. I sometimes hear a ruru call at night time where I live. I wonder what else ruru eat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Maisie, I see you have enjoyed the being crafty this week. I like the way you rolled the paper to make the bee's head and and added wings and antenna. Ka pai!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maisie, it is great to come back to the blog to see what you have been learning about at home. I can see you are very interested in nature!
    I am also very interested in the Whio. when I was at the zoo I found out that Whio have soft rubbery 'lips' at the end of their beak to help protect it from damage as they scape insect larvae off rocks. You can find more interesting information at the Auckland Zoo website. https://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/animals/whio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs Haines. Very interesting. I want to see the Whio when I visit the zoo again.

      Delete